MacaulayMaps is a new service supplying maps and related publications that are available from The James Hutton Institute. We offer a series of soils maps and climate, forestry and agricultural suitability maps, at various scales.
Maps can be ordered online by clicking "add to cart" next to the chosen product. Maps are paid for using your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
Please note that digital version of the paper maps are not available for download or purchase, however the digital data which forms the map content (e.g. Land Capability or Soils data) is available to from the Scotland's Soils website under an Open Data licence.
General enquiries are available via e-mail
More information and ordering details are available from: David Donnelly Tel: 01224 395265.
Click on each category below to view a list of available products.
- Coloured Soil Maps - Scale 1:63360
- Coloured Soil Maps - Scale 1:50000
- Soil Maps Uncoloured - Scale 1:25000 10x10 km
- Soil Maps Uncoloured - Scale 1:25000 20x10 km
- Soil Maps Uncoloured - Scale 1:50000
- Soil Memoirs
- Climate Maps
- Land Capability for Forestry Maps
- Land Capability for Forestry Handbooks
- Land Capability for Forestry Monograph
- Land Capability for Agriculture Maps - Scale 1:50000
- Soil and Land Capability for Agriculture Maps - Scale 1:250000
Soil and LCA Maps Coloured 1:250 000
This series covers the whole country in seven overlapping sheets shown on the index map below (click to enlarge). Each of the sheet areas is presented as a package consisting of a soil map, a map showing land capability for agriculture and a fully illustrated handbook. Stock of several of the printed maps are exhausted or very low, however we can print facsimile copies on demand. The maps are normally supplied folded, but flat copies for the majority of sheets are available on request.
Price (GBP): 57.60 (includes postage)
|1 Orkney & Shetland|
|2 Outer Hebrides|
|3 Northern Scotland|
|4 Western Scotland|
|5 Eastern Scotland|
|6 South West Scotland|
|7 South East Scotland|